View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Cardinals vs. Ravens replay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Good question - I think they might have done it against the Bills but then Ben forced that terrible interception on the deep throw in the first half and they grinded after that

Hate to keep pounding the point but this is not the opponent to give Ben the car keys - after Tomlin told him to shut up & Ben then immediately told the Arizona paper he knows how Leinart feels indicates to me Ben has an "I'll show you Whiz" attitude that could cause him to force everything.

My bet is the Seattle home game and the Bengals road game in October (not going to mess with Denver's CBs on the road) are when the handcuffs come off.
Cheers, Dan.

Definitely Denver is a tough team to pass the ball against and wouldn't be the best time to air it out - Denver is also hugely suspect against the run this year - if FWP played them this week he could be good for 200 yards.

You have to credit Whisenhunt with being able to recognise the same thing you have - that Ben might be playing a little emotional/reckless this weekend - would he perhaps try to sell out on the LOS and stop the run?

Either way, i think the Cards are over matched - unless Boldin(if fit) and Larry Fitz take the Steeler seconday apart, and I don't see that happening - put it this way - Larry Fitz is on my FF bench this week.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote