View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Would Cowher go to buffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post
OK Here goes, I would love to see him in Cleveland but I don't see it happening. I don't see Savage giving up his control to Cowher, and him coming to Cleveland not having full control. If that makes any sense at all. Cowher is a coach that wants full control, of the front office and of who is drafted, now that is Savage's area, and I do not see Savage giving that up. Unless Learner Steps in and Then all bets are off. Will Savage stay with the Browns then or will he go else where If Cowher is given full control? Wow that really opens a can of worms doesn't it?
At what point does Savage get done burning all his bridges in Cleveland - if I remember right he has had at least one big 'him-or-me' confrontation in the last year or two and his team continue to struggle.

If someone of Cowhers experience were to demand full control, I would imagine Lerner (if he were of sound mind) would make the deal in a heartbeat.

i'm pretty sure Cowher learnt a hell of a lot in Pittsburgh about the fundamentals on how to run a successful franchise - to not make full use of that would be crazy.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote