View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Bengals: selfish or untalented?

And again.....Chad manages to put the spotlight on himself. Now he's taking the blame for the the broohaha surrounding the loss to the Patsies. Way to turn the tables Chad.......does anybody really think that one play was responsible for the whole comedy show show called the Bengals / Patriots on Monday night football? It's all about you Chad.....we get it.

Chad Johnson takes blame for interception that turned Patriots game

By JOE KAY, AP Sports Writer
October 3, 2007

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Chad Johnson is taking the blame.

After looking at video of the interception that scuttled the Cincinnati Bengals' comeback Monday night, the Pro Bowl receiver decided it was his fault after all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson and quarterback Carson Palmer exchanged words on the field after Asante Samuel's interception near the goal line snuffed out a drive late in the first half of New England's 34-13 win. Johnson kept at it on the bench, and walked to the locker room at halftime still sniping at Palmer.

The dispute became the defining moment of a loss that dropped the Bengals to 1-3. After the game, coach Marvin Lewis screamed at his players for being selfish, though he didn't single out anyone.

So, who was to blame?

"We're both emotional people," Johnson said Wednesday. "The situation that happened out there was my fault."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote