Thread: Talladega
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Talladega

Thank gawd for Tivo - I record the race and watch it later.

btw - Franchitti is no rumor...he's got the #40 - Stremme is looking for a new ride.

I still say Jack should hire Danica.....that would be a hoot.

Villeneuve hopes to silence critics at Talladega

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- If Canadian driver Jacques Villeneuve's skin wasn't thick after years of racing in Formula One, it is now.

The world-class, championship caliber driver spent Friday preparing to qualify for his first Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway under fire from several top Cup drivers who claimed he didn't belong on the track.

"I don't think that they're saying I'm not qualified. They are concerned for their Chase. In their shoes, I would say the same thing. You don't want any unknowns out there," said the 36-year-old Villeneuve after final practice Friday. "But at the same time I've always tried to race intelligently and I'm not here to try and be a hero."

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...ega/index.html

Franchitti joining Ganassi's Cup team

Dario Franchitti became the latest open-wheel star to give stock cars a try when he was introduced Wednesday as the driver of Chip Ganassi's No. 40 Dodge at a news conference in Charlotte, N.C.

Franchitti, who is leaving the IndySeries and will replace David Stremme at Ganassi, will become the first European to enter NASCAR full-time.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote