Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #24
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,264 Times in 3,630 Posts
Default Re: Cheaters AND Cheap Shot Artists

Wade Phillips apparently agrees:

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips denied Thursday that he made comments attributed to him saying the Patriots' spying scandal earlier this season taints New England's three Super Bowl titles.

As part of the latest episode of HBO's "Inside The NFL," reporter Peter King said "the league, the Patriots, everybody, they just want this Spygate thing to go away, but Wade Phillips this week told me something that I think a lot of coaches around the league and a lot of people around the league are still thinking, and that is, 'Hey, New England was caught cheating, and it is a black mark on their success.' "

King told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday that he talked to Phillips by phone Tuesday night.

Phillips said he was not aware of King's remarks until a reporter told him.

"No, I didn't say that at all," Phillips told The Dallas Morning News after the Cowboys' Thursday practice. "I think they would have won no matter what. I don't know. I have no idea if it even helped them. But they were a great football team, well-coached. I don't see any way that they wouldn't have won what they did.

"I don't think that at all. I don't know why Peter would say that."

King also told Werder on Friday that he stands by his report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3060040

After reading this story Belicheat will probably take out Romo with a cheap shot to the knees himself rather than tell one of his players to do the deed.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote