View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #12
steelermuzik
Water Boy

Member Number: 5642
Default Re: Serious question about Sports Teams?Steelers/Sports related

I think I fall in line with this response:

"All in all, I've had a lot of change in my life, but the Steelers were a constant. No matter what, every September the Steelers take the field for a new season, a fresh start, and even if the names on the back of the jerseys change, the name on the front doesn't. The Steelers (I also feel the same way about all the sports I watch) are an anchor in my life. No matter what my personal life is like at the time, the Steelers will always play on Sundays in the Fall, without fail."

I feel we sometimes fill our lives with empty pleasures that are non memorable down the road. However, I can remember every game I've ever watched. To me Sundays games are my favorite show, a 'reality show' with much more meaning than the other shows out there. And our Steelers are my favorite character. I root for them, whether or not they make the right decisions, always hoping for the best but still loving them at their worst. Because of this, each game has it's own story that unfolds and drama that entails and it keeps me tuned in for the next episode and I look forward to following their story each year.

I know this may seem cheezy to some, but to me the Steelers are the only worthy (and healthy) escape from the woes of the world for me and the only worthy 'show' of watching. With all the negatives that are out there in the world, nothing quite helps me escape it like a Steeler Sunday. Of course, there are other more important things in life. And I do cherish the off season to catch up with those. But, I look forward to each year knowing the Steelers will be there to entertain.

Just thought I'd give my two cents.
steelermuzik is offline   Reply With Quote