View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,219 Times in 3,239 Posts
Default Champ Bailey Potentially Out

Had not read that Champ Bailey injured his leg in the Chargers game and had limited practice this week

Cornerback Champ Bailey wants to play Sunday night, believes he will play Sunday night, but won't know for sure until he tests his strained left thigh muscle before the game.

"I feel like I've got 2 1/2 days to get myself ready and that's enough time," Bailey said after Friday's practice.

Bailey was held out of practices through the week before taking the field on a limited basis Friday. Bailey went through individual drills and took part in "a couple" of defensive periods.

"(I) didn't want to push it too much," Bailey said. "One thing about muscle strains, (you) can set yourself back and I don't want to do it. . . . They can linger and linger."

Bailey suffered the injury in the second quarter of the Broncos' 41-3 loss to the Chargers before the bye week.

The veteran has missed only two games in his career - both with the Broncos in 2005, when he was out because of a left hamstring injury that had bothered him during training camp that year as well.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...727340,00.html

I look for a maximum effort from Denver tomorrow night regardless of who plays as their season is on the brink
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote