View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,792 Times in 4,466 Posts
Default Marvin Lewis now blaming junior colleges?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7354576?MSNHPHMA

Ocho Cinco plans to tone it down

Quote:
Lewis already has his hands full formulating strategies to compensate for an injury-plagued roster. Having to also serve as an amateur psychologist is wearing his patience.

Lewis singled out a handful of talented Bengals ? including Johnson ? whose behavior and mindset he believes help explain why they were forced to attend junior colleges.

"My job is to get the junior college guys to act like they've gone to Notre Dame and Michigan," Lewis said. "As we go, we'll continue to get more of those stable guys. But unfortunately, that's what we're dealing with ? a bunch of junior college guys."

Quote:
Johnson and Lewis can agree on this: Winning will go a long way toward shifting the spotlight elsewhere. Lewis said the Bengals have "a chance to shape our season incredibly" over the next four weeks with games against New York (1-5), Pittsburgh (4-1), Buffalo (1-4) and Baltimore (4-2).

"It's going to be a fight, but it's a doable fight," Lewis said. "When I stood on the sideline against New England, I didn't feel like we were overmatched. From this point on, we've got a chance because we're playing teams just like us."

Even though players like Johnson are unique.
uhhh no, rev marv. youre playing 2 teams in your division with 4 wins, who are clearly better, and 2 more teams who are JUST LIKE you, with 1 win.

how could he not see his defense was "overmatched" against the patriots?

they were "overmatched" against the browns.

jets=browns so the bengals could be in trouble.