View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #2
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default Re: Ronnie Brown?

Miami's Brown injures knee

Miami, FL (Sports Network) - Miami Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown suffered a knee injury during Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

Brown was hurt trying to make a tackle on an interception in the third quarter of Miami's 49-28 loss, a setback that dropped the Dolphins to 0-7 for the season.

"I was coming down and running across the field and the guy was running at me and he actually cut behind me," Brown said about the play. "I tried to plant and it twisted up a little bit."

X-rays were negative and an MRI exam is scheduled for Monday.

"I feel alright. I've got to obviously check and see in the morning, go get an MRI and see what the case is and go from there," he added.

Brown, who entered the week leading the league in yards from scrimmage, had 76 yards on 17 carries and caught five passes for 33 more. He had his streak of 100-yard rushing games stopped at four, one shy of Ricky Williams' club record.

In seven games this season, Brown has 602 yards rushing with a 5.1-yard average and four touchdowns. He also leads the team with 39 receptions for 389 yards with one score.

10/21 18:44:08 ET