View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: The non-existent "vertical game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I couldnt agree with you more. Ben isnt Carson, Brady or manning. We need to go back to steeler football. Run first.... We faced the worst run defense in the league and we got pass freaking happy.I think between davenport and parker they should have had 40 carries between the two of them. It's funny to me when willie struggles how quickly we are to abandon the run. But yet when benny was fumbling and throwing ints in the first half we kept throwing. I think that we should have hired a proven expierienced offensive coordinator
Yes.. we faced the team FIRST IN PASS DEFENSE... and put up 4 TD's THROUGH THE AIR... How can we really argue with that?

Our problem was that the defense was not able to get off the field on 3rd downs. That one issue alone changed the face of the game.

And going back to a run first offense is the WORST THING WE COULD EVER DO. Show me ONE... just ONE of Cowher's teams that would have been able to pick up 2 touchdowns in the fourth quarter and put us in the position to tie/win?

In that run first team, we would have been lucky to get 7 points in the fourth quarter. Going back to the past will not give us hope in the future. Rolling our defense up onto the line and bumping the receivers coming off the line will help us win games. The defense getting pressure on the QB will help us win games. The O line actually blocking will help us win games.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote