View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #24
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900
Default Re: "Fair weather fans."

[QUOTE=Edman;311758]Nobody said you were a fairweather fan. If you check the posts here and there since last Sunday, not one person uttered the word "fairweather". "Fickle" is the better word. Don't get the two confused, Augusta.

Steelers win: We're going to the Super Bowl!
Steelers lose: This team is garbage, this season is over.

The D is a prime example. One bad game, now all of the sudden they suck. It's one thing to be concerned, but the doom-and-gloom has to stop. If the season plays out as much as fans and media percieve it as of now, the Patriots are the Super Bowl Champions right now. A lot can happen from here until February.

We Steeler fans were SO spoiled from 15-1. We have this somewhat false sense of security that this team is invincible. How about swallowing pride and giving credit to the opponent for once. Denver played the game of their lives, Pittsburgh played a sloppy game, and we still lost by 3 LOUSY POINTS ON A LAST-SECOND FIELD GOAL. Please Augusta and all you naysayers, feel free to stop watching the Steelers anytime you please is you believe this season is shot. No one is going to stop you.[/QUOTE]

I do not know you so I will not make this personal, but I don't know what the heck you are talking about!

I was not talking about myself.

YES the word "fair weather" has been used since sunday night.

Also, please feel free and go back through my posts and read them and see if there is any kind of track record that proves that I'm a "naysayer" as you put it. If there is not then you should lean to speak only when you know the facts! Just hint myfriend you will not find any.

I don't get spoiled as you put it. I just expect us to play up to are abilities and when we don't then I will express my opionion on why we did'nt.

Swallow pride! Do you really think on the flight back to Pittsburgh coach Tomlin stood up and said listen men, I know you gave it your all but lets swallow some pride and give credit to a better team. I think not. I'm sure it was closer to: Men there were some serious mental mistakes out there tonight that cost us this game and when we get back home we are going to address them. During film today I'm sure there was more talk about what we did wrong other then what they did right.