Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #72
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,003 Times in 3,036 Posts
Default Re: Is Polamalu overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

For that reason, I wish some reporter would get access to Troy to ask him what he thinks about questions regarding his the level of his performance so far this season - my guess is Troy would provide a polite but brutally honest response.
a very accurate guess, i must say-

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_534606.html

Quote:
"We had a couple busted assignments," LeBeau said. "If you look at our record, it hasn't happened very often.

"When it happens, usually the opponent's gonna find a space in there. We can't allow that to happen."

Polamalu took responsibility for being "misaligned on a big play," and said the others were "probably my fault as well, the big ones, yeah.

"I don't think there's ever been a game in football where there haven't been mental mistakes," Polamalu said. "Part of the game is being beaten physically, as well, but the more mental mistakes that you have, or that I have, you don't give the offense an opportunity to beat you physically.

"You don't give yourself a chance to win in any situation if you're already beat mentally, if you're not aligned properly, if your technique is wrong. That's before the game even becomes physical."