X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Arians Throws Ben Under The Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Thanks for the feedback - I will try to do better in the future

The fact remains after 5 days of criticism, Arians decided it was time to lay the preponderance of the pass play calling on his QB - I certainly did not hear it from Ben or Tomlin

I stand by my position it was blame shifting - contrast Arians comments on the play calling with how Troy handled criticism of his play last Sunday

Polamalu took responsibility for being "misaligned on a big play," and said the others were "probably my fault as well, the big ones, yeah.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_534606.html

Shabby conduct by Arians
I still just don't see it, Dan, sorry. When a QB is facing 8- and 9-man fronts, it's expected he try to change the play. If the Steelers had continue to run against those fronts without success, the fans would have questioned why they didn't pass enough, as they did after the loss to the Cardinals.

This is a classic case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Fans want someone to blame, so players and coaches go out of their way more often than not to accept it, even when they are only part of the reason for the loss. And if they don't, well, this is what happens.

I always respect you and your opinion, Dan, but I see nothing wrong with what Arians said.