Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: One possible area of concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
That isn't the issue.

The issue is that around 2001 a team found out the right way to counter the Zone-blitz scheme. Since that game, any team that can throw the ball has tried to play the same way.. 3 steps and throw quick inside routes... or outside routes.

It works because our CB's have to play 10 yards off since they have run support responsibility, covering holes left by LB's that are blitzing.

It has nothing to do with the cover-2... It has everything to do with the typical LeBeau defense that has been figured out. The problem for other teams however, is that you have to have a very good QB and at least two good receivers to run against us.
I know trust me.......I think you're talking about the game when we lost to the Bengals and they ate up our defense with just passing....Which was the blueprint for the Pats and Raiders to beat us in the begining of the 2002 season....I watched the games myself...lol and remember them well......lol Which happens in todays NFL with all the film watching that goes on....

Plus I don't understand why you're pointing this out to me?....I was just simply replying to the guy that stated Capers had better overall unit of LBs but he also had a better overall secondary.......
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote