View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default NFL buffoons leaving terrible legacy

Jason Whitlock calls out "american born black athletes" in a huge way

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7343980

He pulls no punches in this article and he doesnt miss a few players with his comments

Quote:
African-American football players caught up in the rebellion and buffoonery of hip hop culture have given NFL owners and coaches a justifiable reason to whiten their rosters. That will be the legacy left by Chad, Larry and Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, Terrell Owens, Michael Vick and all the other football bojanglers.
He pulls no punches in this article and he doesnt miss a few players with his comments

Quote:
Football fans are aware of Lewis' love affair with Chad Johnson, the Flavor Flav of the gridiron. Johnson's insistence on conducting a minstrel show during games has long been reluctantly tolerated by Lewis. Johnson, I guess, is just too talented, productive and well-compensated for Lewis to discipline. So Lewis has chosen to enable, going as far as making excuses when Johnson's selfish behavior extended to an alleged locker-room shoving match with coaches (including a swing at Lewis) at halftime of the Bengals' Jan. 8, 2006 playoff loss to the Steelers.
OUCH - thats gotta hurt like an Anthony Smith hit.

I am not sure how this has gone down but in Australia if an Indigenous writer call out indigenous athletes like this there would be a media frenzy.

I am really keen for your take on this article. I have never seen anything like this where such racial overtones are evident. I would appreciate your observations.