View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Bad Mouthing Bill Cower!!

I'm the type of person who appreciates every contribution made by those who currently wear or formerly wore the black and gold - no matter how much I may like or dislike them (Kordumbell is a prime example).

Having lived in the Burgh all but 2 years of my life, I've become quite accustomed to the breed of "what have you done for me lately" Steelers "fans". I hate to segregate here, but I see this attitude more in the younger crowd than those of us who experienced the highs of the 70's and the lows of the 80's. That being said, I have nothing negative to say about Bill Cowher - he is a legendary Steelers coach and future HOF'er who came here and made a huge difference. He gave us far more good seasons than bad and motivated a 2005 team that was "left for dead", taking them all the way to and winning SB XL. His accomplishments in 15 years as our HC speak for themselves. When I see an anti-Cowher post, I have myself a good laugh and just shake my head in utter amazement. Did the man have faults? Hell yes he did, but don't we all?

Appreciate Coach Cowher for his accomplishments as the HC of the team we all love, wish him well and move on. The Steelers have begun a new era under Coach Tomlin and his staff and thus far, it's looking like a darned good start.

P.S. I'm waiting with baited breath for the anti-Tomlin thread and posts should, God forbid, the Steelers hit a skid. Who knows - I may need a good laugh then too.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote