View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:02 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Congratulations Hines Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
there is no factual basis of your assertion that he would be the best #2 wr in the league either. sure its wild guesswork, hence the word maybe.

with only 9 games being played this year what team or wr has faced the top 9 defenses? what you have said about the defense he has played against is the same for all receivers.

comparing hines and jerrys naysayer's tales of lack of deep threat speed is very pertinent to the point i have made.
Come on Tony lets try and stay with football reality here - first you tell me that Hines is the 11th best No.1 receiver in the game - then you question my opinion that he would be the best No.2...?

Logic backs my assertion, as does your initial opinion.

If you are saying that Hines is not a flatout speed merchant and neither is Jerry Rice then that is fine...I thought maybe you were trying to compare their talent levels - my bad.

I dont see why you cant pigeon hole Hines Ward as a possession 2nd receiver - thats exactly what he is.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote