Old 11-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #24
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Bad Mouthing Bill Cower!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Sorry, Dynasty, but that's just the way I've seen it for the past 10 years or so around the Burgh. When I've read some of the post-game comments around here after the Steelers losses (both last season and this season) and see all of the brutally negative comments that kind of come from nowhere, it isn't hard to ascertain the age of the members who crafted them. I'm sorry if you took this personally, as my comments were certainly not directed at you. I have heard my comments echoed by others over the years, so I know I'm not alone in my opinion.
No you aren't alone - I certainly feel the same way. The majority of the younger crowd are just front-runners - they just want something to be able to talk smack about. But when they lose, they're nowhere to be found, or they only show up to bash the team. And it doesn't just happen with the Steelers, but with the Pens as well. I can't tell you how many young fans you see going to games now that were nowhere to be found before late January and the 4 seasons prior. Sorry, if you're going to be a fan of a team, you have to be there during the good times as well as the bad. There is no middle ground.