View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #19
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736
Default Re: Next up the Browns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE View Post
Hey, I can see why your team might think they have nothing to fear from the Browns.

I can also understand why Steeler fans also think they have nothing to fear from the Browns.

Going into week one, I made a habit of saying in these forums that this wasn't the same Cleveland Browns team as in the recent past.

Well, they waited a week before becoming that team I was describing.

In a strange way, perhaps I should THANK the Steelers for what happened during week one, because the Browns offensive line seems to have learned a valuable lesson (possibly more than one) from that game !!

I don't think the Steeler defense will find it as easy to get to Derek Anderson, who will drop back, pick a target and throw, compared to Charlie Frye, who couldn't seem to make up his mind.

The worst thing a team, or their fans, can do is to think that their opponent is not capable of beating them.

Do you really think that the Browns can't beat the Steelers ??

Of course you do ........

......... get ready...... payback's a BITCH !!!
Candy Bee:

Of course they can beat the Steelers. But they shouldn't.

However I like what the Browns are doing. I said in the beginning of the season I am happy the Steelers are playing the Browns AT CLEVELAND in game one. I believed the Browns would improve and when they in fact did, we would meet them on our home turf.. I also would prefer the Browns become the Steeler's most competive rival , not Cinncinati or Baltimore. This may be happening. The Browns are facing a Steeler team that has played excellent football in the last two games and add in the excellent second half against Denver. You may be running into a buzz saw.

The Steelers are the better overall team at this juncture. What I think Cleveland fans should hope for, is first of course a win, but more realistically, avoid the blow out , particularly in the first half , stay in the game meaning keep the point differential under 17. Go for the Wild Card and come back stronger next season. Bring on the great rivalry . The Ravens are getting old and the Bengals have no clue what it takes to sustain quality football.

What is going to happpen with Anderson vis a vis Brady Quinn? Interesting situation developing with your quarterbacks. Your opinion appreciated. I am a big fan of Brady.

Enjoy the game (not too much )

Michael

Steelers 34 Browns 13
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote