View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Tomlin's Team. Now

Ok, an overstatement on my part because it has been Tomlin's team since the day he got the job. He works for a man named Rooney. Any player who doesn't get on board would be shown the door, but his relationship with his players makes it appear as if he has coached them for years. I think kudos to coach Lebeau for sticking around and also making it easy for the players to get accomidated to Tomlin, because of how well he (Lebeau) got himself accomidarted to the new young coach.

Anyhow, on the the reason for the post. Here is a blog entry for espn about tomlin and his players.

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmar...veId=3&start=1

Quote:
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin did something after the game I've never seen. He stood outside the home locker room and greeted all of his players. He hugged some players and teased others. Tomlin needled defensive end Brett Keisel about his sackless season continuing. Keisel is the team leader in hurries, but he can't close the deal in the sack department.
"I can't buy one, coach," he said to Tomlin.

When Keisel's backup, Travis Kirschke, walked by, Tomlin gave him a hug and said, "Way to get that garbage sack!"
Also This:

Quote:
Pretty neat scene to watch Steelers owner Dan Rooney go to every locker after the game and congratulate his players with a pat on the back.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote