Thread: Max Starks
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: Max Starks

Give Max credit. He held Jason Taylor and Smith of the Bengals at bay. Taylor was neutralized by a terrible field...and maybe Smith was neutralized by a wet field as well. Either way, this was a couple of solid outings for Max.

Being that both games were nationally televised, it will probably get Max some much needed publicity before his Free Agency campaign begins after the season ends.

Teams know he was a former starter...and they know now that he can play both Right and Left tackle. Max might have just made himself alot of money next season from the two previous games. I'm not sure what the Steelers will do here, but I'm not convinced that Max is going to be worth what some crazy team out there will offer him...even based upon 2 games.

He will probably get the start next week in place of Smith as well. I don't know how Max will do against Seymour, but that would further his meal ticket for next season if he does well. Not to mention, I am not sure I want a rusty Smith in that game anyway.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote