tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: Bill Cowher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone79 View Post
Thanks tony hipchest. you basically put into words what I was thinking and feeling, just didnt know how to put it into sentences.
lol. i understand your frustration. under the cowher era we got used to being in atleast the final 4 ever 2.5 years. hard to change from that.

and now with the change we're told we shouldnt expect more than 8-8 because of a rookie coach and because ben supposedly showed his "true colors" last season, despite having the same level of talent that won a sb less than 2 years ago.

tomlin said from day 1 his goal this year was to win a champ and you could tell it wasnt lip service. i was convinced we would miss cowher but not drop off in our production or expectations with him gone. i think its safe to be excited for the future now AND thre rest of this season.

i may end up disappointed in the end (not the 1st time) but id rather meet an undefeated team in the champ game and lose than not get that far in the 1st place.

i see the glass as half full. hypothetically we could redeem ourselves for losing to the undefeated 72 dolphins and allowing them to go to the sb. and if they dont? well, they do say history repeats itself and the steelers went on a 6 year tear after that loss.

still gotta make the playoffs, and if we make it that far or not, i am still excited about pulling off a "miracle". (regardless of whos coach. there are 2 people in the nfl you can no longer consider rookies. mike tomlin and adrian peterson)