View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #31
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890
Default Re: Steelers' Smith thinks DBs can handle Moss and Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
And with regard to how you respond to questions from the media regarding the wondrfulness of Brady, Belichick & the Pats, Smith can learn a few things from his teammates:

"Obviously you think about it, because everybody talks about them because they are undefeated," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "Everything that has to do with news and sports is the New England Patriots, and deservedly so. They're a great football team offensively and defensively."

"We'd better get ready -- we know how explosive they are," linebacker Larry Foote said. "But we're confident with our own swagger. If we play our game, we can beat anybody."

Offensive tackle Max Starks said "some teams might be star-struck by them," but the Steelers won't be.

"Some defenses might be, 'Oh my gosh, I'm going against Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth. Tom Brady is the quarterback.' Some people might get enamored with that," Starks said. "But I definitely don't see that in our defense."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3142456

Those statements do not poor mouth the Steelers, but they also do not trash the opposing team by claiming its receivers are not as good as the Bengals bunch.

All of that is just football P.C.

Big Ben had a tone that said "F*** the N.E. Patriots!" when he said that.
Max Starks basically said "F*** the N.E. Patriots! We aint scared of them M.F'rs"

Anthony "The Hammer" Smith says it out loud

"F*** THE N.E. PATRIOTS! WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THEM!"

All that talk of providing the N.E. lockerroom material is B.S.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote