Old 12-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,589 Times in 3,992 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Polamalu misses practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post

Yeah that'll hurt a little bit....but I feel that our chances rest on Ben's ability to convert third downs.

IMO, that is where philly and the ratbirds went wrong...they couldnt keep brady on the sidelines long enuf.
patriots have given up 5 td passes on 3rd downs in the past 2 weeks. kirwan is sure they have been correcting this (patriot coaches using an extra day and giving the players a day off) by reformulating a gameplan im sure they had in place for quite a while-

Quote:
A.J. Feeley came into Foxboro and threw a pick six on the game's first third-down situation. After that he went 7 of 9 on third-down pass calls. The Patriots gave up 126 yards and three touchdowns on those seven completions. Bill Belichick will study how and why Feeley was so productive. If it's more man coverage or better disguises in the coverage, we should see the revised package shortly. Baltimore ran it three times and passed it eight times on third down. Outside of giving up a 53-yard bomb and a 4-yard touchdown pass to Baltimore, the Patriots have their third-down defense headed in the right direction.