Old 12-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #788
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars Gameday Thread - 12/16/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
IMO Haggans has played himself out of any potential re-signing. What troubles me is that with the drop-off in the last month, if Timmons was showing anything in practice he would be getting some snaps on D.

This team is going 4-3; IMO Troy's comment in Cook's column today on not having as many opportunities to make plays this year is the tip of the iceberg on Cowher/LeBeau players being frustrated with the change in philosophy.

I would not be surprised if Arians is fired and LeBeau retired as Tomlin brings in his own men - that may not be a bad thing - this team is a long way from being close to the SB.
I don't know about you but this team can't switch to the 4-3 over night so that would be a mistake....The biggest need in the off-season is the offensive line...If Tomlin doesn't see that then he needs to be slapped...If the Steelers wanted to switch to the 4-3 they would have to at least draft 3-4 defensive lineman in this upcoming draft.....They would need two more DTs and a Freeney type pass rushing DE.......So the Steelers might switch to the 4-3 in time but it won't be next year....Maybe Tomlin needs to take his hands off the D and just let LeBeau send blitz after blitz....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote