View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #12
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Cheatriots do what they want

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I can't speak for everyone else, but as I've said many times on this board - I don't hate the Pats team. I can't stomach their arrogant, pompous, cheating, philandering coach and an owner who pats (no pun intended) that owner on the back for cheating instead of throwing him out on his ear.

I feel very badly that Marquise lost his life at such a young age and commend the young man for his heroic efforts to sacrifice his own life so that his girlfriend could live on.

However - I have to agree with what has already been stated in this thread - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.
I didn't see #91 on any teams helmet this season. I don't remember any press on the matter except in the New England area. I don't recall a huge funeral with Jessie Jackson and tribute from players around the NFL. I didn't hear any sympathy for Bruschi when he cried for his lost friend.
Marquise Hill died and the world forgot him. His name wasn't even mentioned when Sportscenter honored those who had passed away. I don't know what determines class anymore
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote