View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Sapp ejected against Jags after three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'd except the missing training camp excuse if he played that bad in week 6......but this is week 16. that means he's had 14 weeks of practice to digest the playbook. which by the way is a helluva lot longer than roethlisberger had his rookie year,before being thrown into the fire.but anywho, i wasn't actually calling out russell, as much as i was his over inflated contract. his contract is gonna be a pretty descent sized cap hit for a few years. russell got 30 million guaranties....the raiders get none!!!he may be the next manning, he may be the next leaf. i'm just saying teams shouldn't have to morgage thier future to find out.
I agree. Rookie money is out of hand. How much will next year's #1 get... somewhere around 65-68 million I would guess. Absolutely ridiculous.

As far as russell and his progress... most of us in Raider Nation would agree with what you said. I never wanted him, and I'm not convinced he will turn out to be anything more than a decent QB... and thats in about 3 years. I don't make the decisions, so I guess, as a fan, I just have to roll with it.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote