View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers pep rally being held today

Pep Rally Pumps Up Steelers Fans

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― With a Steelers playoff game against the Jacksonville Jaguars just around the corner, city and county officials hoped a pep rally this afternoon would drum up fan support for the team.

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato decided to resurrect the "Terrible Tree" pep rally.

It got underway just around noon today in the courtyard at the Allegheny County Courthouse.

The biggest draw to the rally was decorating the Steelers Terrible Tree located in the courtyard.

One fan said she believes her decorations bring the team luck.

"This is the second year I've come down. I put buttons on in the same place every time I come down," she said. "I'm ready for this year."

Fans were also asked to wear their black and gold to help cheer on the team this weekend in the AFC Wildcard game.

Officials also asked those in attendance to bring a canned good or non-perishable food item to be donated to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.

The Steelers play host to the Jaguars at 8 p.m. Saturday at Heinz Field.

Clip of rally: http://kdka.com/sports/Steelers.pep.rally.2.623056.html

WARNING: At 1:02 on the clip, I believe I spotted one of those infamous yuppies waving a terrible towel.