Re: Our Depth Chart... What do we need now?
Thats a tricky thing because order of needs and draft order isnt always the same thing.
For instance....Center is obviously a huge need...but I wouldnt use anything more thatn a 4th round pick on center based on who is coming out this year and the difference in talent between projected 2-3 round centers and 4-5 round centers. In the 4th or 5th rounds we can probably get Doug Legursky from Marshall or Fernando Velasco from Georgia.
as far as "Needs":
1) Tackle-HUGE need and should be addressed in FA and the draft
2) Center- Mahan is not the answer (obviously)
3) Defensive End (Lack of quality depth became obvious when Smith went down
4) Guard- Still think that we can move Colon inside but depth needs to be addressed
5) Inside Linebacker- again, a depth issue
6) Cornerback- I like McFadden to a point, but if he cant unseat Deshea..we need to find a solid CB very soon.
8) Wide Reciever-we need a legit 3rd reciever that may someday be a #2...although I have appreciated Washingtons efforts this year..neither he nor ...Wilson...are #2 reciever material.
Now Draft order:
1) Tackle- Oher from Ole Miss could start next year at RT
2) CB- If we want quality at the position ..we are going to have to get it on day one.
3) Guard- there are several legit guards in the upcoming draft that will be there in the third round.
4) Center or DE- As I said above...Legursky or Velasco should be here and BOTH are better than Mahan.
5) DE or Center- Not a DE/DT tweener either...but a legit DE.
6) dont have one this year
7) Special Teamer- find a return man or positional project player who is a special team demon
Also keep in mind that any of those positions drop if we can find good players in FA...and the remaining positions rise...