View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
Dennis
Water Boy

Member Number: 898
Default Re: Da Bearz R coming to town!

Thanks for the welcome! Some other teams fans aren't so civil (The Bucs fans @ the Pewter Report).

I'm hoping for an injury free game as well. Isn't Roethlisberger still nursing a bad thumb?

Granted, da Bears Offense has been less than stellar this year. We were hurt by injuries, starting with our QB Rex Grossman breaking his ankle in the pre-season. Raw rookie Kyle Orton has managed to keep the Offense pointed in the right direction, if not scoring much. Just when Kyle started to grow into the role and find some rythmn with our fastest WR, Bradley went down injured, out for the season. That left our only legit threat at WR to be Muhsin Muhammad, who we got from the Panthers. Unfortunately, playing with only one deep threat, Defenses found it easy to neutralize our passing game. Now we have injured WRs Berrian & Berlin back, with Currie soon to follow (hopefully). Gage has shown flashes of being a superior WR, but isn't consistent enough yet.

The brightest spot on da Bears Offense, our Running Backs (Thomas Jones & Adrian Peterson) have been able to successfully run the ball, despite Defenses knowing that it's all we can do and loading up against them. Our O-Line (the other bright spot on Offense) deserves major credit for that, they've been opening up lanes on the inside for Jones all season.

I really don't know what to expect in terms of a game plan against the Steelers. Your pass defense isn't as highly rated as our last three opponents, so I'm guessing that our coaches will come out trying to establish the pass again to take some pressure off of the Running Backs. We might actually accomplish something passing, with so many WRs returning to game form, as well as the possibility of Rex Grossman being able to play (at least a few downs).

Last edited by Dennis; 12-05-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote