View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,486 Times in 3,731 Posts
Default Re: Police on scene at standoff at Steelers player's home

Based on these post-hearing comments today, it sounds like a reconciliation is not in the cards:

The ex-girlfriend of Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson says he encouraged her to commit suicide during events leading to her armed standoff at his home last month. Wilson denied the accusation through his lawyer

Police withdrew charges of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment against the woman, Lindsey Paulat, on Friday. But she waived her right to a preliminary hearing and will stand trial on a new felony charge, discharging a firearm in an occupied structure.

After the hearing, Paulat said Wilson urged her to shoot herself after he left his house. She stayed in the house and later held police at bay for about 12 hours. She surrendered in the early hours of Jan. 20 and was taken to a mental health facility, authorities said.

"I had called him and said, 'You hurt me so bad you make me want to die,"' Paulat told KDKA-TV. "And he said, 'The gun is loaded, go get it and kill yourself."'

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote