View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #45
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Sorry to all the Giuliani fans on SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
You would get the same care you get today. Only change would be it would be cheaper for you. Doctors would make a little less. Regardless, the healthcare system we have now is not working.
Why would I want cheaper health care if I have to wait months on end to receive it? I'd rather pay a little more and have access to my doctors and hospitals whenever I choose as I do now. That's a no-brainer for me.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to Global AIDS foundations, why doesn't our government start taking care of their own, damn it??? In his State of the Union address earlier this week, GW proposed allocating $30 BILLION dollars over the next 5 years for HIV/AIDS treatment/research. How about putting a fraction of that money towards getting the word out there that the best weapon against HIV/AIDS is practicing safe sex???? It's really not rocket science. Take the large balance of those billions and come up with a health insurance plan that would make insurance affordable to the 47+ million Americans who simply can't afford it. There should be NO American without health insurance. Not one.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote