View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #20
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: AMERICA'S GENEROSITY HAS PASSED THE STUPID LINE!

[QUOTE=TroysBadDawg;362639][QUOTE=stlrtruck;362075]

yaa right and get booted for sure. Please don't get me started.

Lets just say people are to willing to let the politicians take what they want, say what they want, promise what they want knowing full well they are lying out of both sides of their mouths at the same time, because the lobbiest own their votes, not the public who elect them. Yet the voters continue to blindly re-elect them. I personally would love to see none of the above on the ballot, in fact I have more than once wrote that in. Even when someone is running unopposed. What would the parties do if that was mandatory and none of the above won? Finally the people would no longer have the excuse of saying they were voting for the lesser of two evils. Bounce them both. This country needs three or four parties to have candidates running, but the two have made sure they have a lock that no other party can have a candidate run.

But this is just my opinion, what is yours?[/QUOTE]

The same as your's.

Quote:
I feel if the American people don't stand up for what is theirs before it is all lost shame on them. We as a nation have become to apathetic, let the other guy do it. When in fact no one is doing it and Congress is all to happy to take it all away, for more themselves, in money and votes. How many of you would love to be able to give your self raises? Congress does it every year plus other perks we as tax payers can only dream of. Why because the voting public allows it. They don't care they don't read the issues and worse over 50% don't even vote.
I also think tthat the 50% or so, that do vote, should know what they are voting for. "I won't vote for Romney because he's a Mormon". "I won't vote for Huckabee because he's a right wing Christian." I won't vote for Hillary because she's a woman".

I understand that some of those arguments may play a part in why someone wouldn't vote for them, but I would hope that the real reason would be because they just don't agree with what these candidates stand for. Sadly, I don't think many people that do vote, even know what they are voting for... or why. There should be some kind of test given to see if a person is even capable of making an informed choice, instead of just going in the booth and pushing buttons. I know... thats another whole can of worms... its election year, and I'm not happy... again... with the choices of candidates being shoved down my throat... by either party.

I hope I live long enough to see a 3 or 4 party system in this country... and some real, viable candidates running in all of them. Then again... it would probably just be double the BS and regurgitated, tired rhetoric spewed by the 1% that rules America now.

"We the people".................. what a joke.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote