View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Danica Patricks SI swimsuit photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I have two young daughters. I would love for them to have strong female role models besides their mom. Sports is a brand front frontier for women to be strong role models in. Softball, track & field, basketball, etc all have strong female role models for young girls to follow.

But when it comes to auto racing, the biggest name is only the biggest name because she takes off her clothes. Danica Patrick is no better than a common stripper. She can't get over on her talent, so she gets over using her body. There's a name for that, and that name is wh*ore.
Please enlighten me here. When has Danica Patrick ever "taken off her clothes"? In the SI swimsuit edition, she is shown in a bikini. You've never turned your head at a woman in a bikini before? Tell me you've never looked at a Playboy magazine. Oops, silly me - you probably just bought it to read the articles, huh?

Did your Dad tan your hide as a kid for stealing his National Geographic magazines and making a messy in your bedroom closet?

Again - I reiterate - Danica Patrick is very well respected by her male peers and she has the numbers to earn that respect. If her husband doesn't have a problem with her wearing a bikini and posing for a magazine spread, who are you or anyone else to pass judgment?

There is a helluva lot more to worry about in this day and age with regard to raising children than them seeing a beautiful young woman in a bikini who makes an honest living, has never been in trouble and who is truly comfortable within her own skin.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote