Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Steelers Franchise (madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
cut ppl... lol
Ya, basically that's all you can do.

From the sounds of it you're pretty good at the game, so losing some high rated guys probably won't kill you.

What I would do is cut my losses with some of those guys and replace them with mid-level free agents or draft picks.

What you want to do is find guys who don't necessarily have a high overall rating, but are rated high in the stat areas where they are going to do what you need from them.

If you like to blitz with the OLBs then look for guys with some decent speed and acceleration. Maybe a guy with a DECENT finesse or power move rating. You're probably not going to get guys with a ranking so high they have a "weapon."

For example, Paul Poz from PSU is fitting in NICELY at ROLB for me. He doesn't cost a lot but gets off the edge quick. He's only an 80 overall in my game, but he is, for some reason, an INT and sack machine.

I'd love to have a Merriman, but hey... sometimes guys who are a lot worse fill in nicely.

Depending on what kind of system you run, you don't need SUPERSTARS to be successful at certain positions. If you are running a 3-4, you don't need All Pros in the front 7. Take a huge guy at DT with good strength and guys at DE who are sound tacklers. You don't need your DEs to get sacks.. just to suck up linemen and stop the run.

Let your linebackers get the sacks, so get some guys who are young and quick. I'm leading the league in run defense with Pozluzny, Demeco Ryans, some 3rd round pick that's a 75, and Boss Bailey.

Think of some of your positions as positions. A lot of guys can fill the hole... and a lot of those guys don't cost a lot.

You're gonna take some cap damage for releasing guys or trading them, but the overall longevity of the team will be in MUCH better shape.