View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,827 Times in 4,090 Posts
Default Finally! Pat Kirwans Mock #1

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true

i like his the best cause of his experience as a scout and as a gm in the war room. there is probably nobody who does more comprehensive research, 100's of interviews and attending all senior bowl practices.

Quote:
With the draft just over a month away, it appears there could be quite a bit of movement in the first round.

A number of teams are looking for a limited amount of talent at a few key positions. With that in mind, I've decided to incorporate trades in my first mock draft.

Considering there is no true franchise quarterback in a Peyton Manning mold, it might be difficult for the Dolphins to move out of the top spot. If there are going to be any deals, things should start to heat up after the top three selections.

As for the Dolphins, I might be pushing for a pre-draft contract with my selection because at least three of the top six players would also meet their pressing needs.

In this version, there will not be a center, fullback, or even a true guard taken in the first round. Depth at corner, offensive tackle and defensive end will make for a run at those positions
Quote:
15. Detroit Lions
Branden Albert
OL, Virginia Although the Lions want to run the ball more, they have to protect the quarterback better or the offense will suffer. I have done a lot of research on Albert and he is emerging as a left tackle candidate who can play guard or right tackle. George Foster is not the answer. The Lions will find a solid back in the second round.

Quote:
23. Pittsburgh Steelers
Gosder Cherilus
OT, Boston College I interviewed Cherilus recently and after a half hour of talking with him my conclusion was he's a Steeler. Cherilus is still learning the game after moving to the United States from Haiti his sophomore year in high school, but he's tough, nasty and loves the physical part of the game
Quote:
There will be an updated first-round mock draft every week leading up to the April 26-27 selection process. There could be some radical changes as I speak with people around the league and factor in the late pro days.

Players currently outside of the first round who might break in next week include Devin Thomas, Michigan wide receiver Mario Manningham, Felix Jones, Jonathan Stewart, Early Doucet, Sam Baker.
he has jets and raiders trading, pats and saints, and vikings and eagles. chris long #1 to dolphins