Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Last season for Joe Pa?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08089/869080-100.stm

Paterno says he's not worried about contract
Saturday, March 29, 2008
By Ron Musselman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Penn State coach Joe Paterno insisted today that he's not worried about getting an extension when this contact expires after the 2008 season.

"I don't even care if I get a contract," he said in his first news conference with reporters in three months. "I'll be very frank with you. I think the university will do what it thinks is right whenever the time comes. Right now, I'm very comfortable.

"If I've got to have a contract to keep my job here, I'm in the wrong place."

The 81-year-old Paterno, the second winningest coach in Division I history behind Florida State's Bobby Bowden, recently met with president Graham Spanier and athletic director to Tim Curley to discuss his future and a possible succession plan.

Two members of Penn State's Board of Trustees told the Post-Gazette the meeting did not go smoothly.

Paterno disputed that.

"We talked about what the situation was because there was some pressure on some people about doing something," he said. "I have no problem. I'm not looking for a contract. I'm not looking for anything."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok... Speaking just for me as a PA resident and pseudo PSU fan. I married an alum. I believe it is time for Joe Pa to hang it up. I've thought that for a few years now actually.