Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 AM   #5002
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I prefer Shitelphia to call them Flyers.
Well regardless of what you call them, I hope nobody expects a repeat of the last matchup when we beat them 7-1. The Flyers are fighting for their playoff lives, so I expect them to come out firing. Let's hope the Pens can do the same and get that point. I'd rather it not come down to hoping that the Devils lose or having to win in Killy on Sunday to win the division.

EDIT: Looking at the way things are shaping up, and the way the Sens are tanking right now, it is entirely possible that the Pens can meet them again in the first round, this time as a 2-7 or 1-8 matchup. It is also possible that they could end up not making it at all - if they lose their last 2 games, the Caps get 3 of 4 points in their last 2 and the Bruins and Flyers each get 2 points out of their remaining games, the Sens would be out of the playoffs. Remember, they started the season 15-2 and everyone thought they would run away with the conference. If they don't make it, it would be one of the biggest choke jobs in NHL history, IMO.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 04-02-2008 at 04:06 AM.