IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts
Default Re: Finally! Pat Kirwans Mock #1

i wonder if mel kiper gets this type of access or facetime-

Quote:
Emptying the notebook

1. Monday night at the owners meetings is a time that the NFL executives, head coaches and their families mingle with the media people at a big reception. I sat down for dinner with Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin, his wife and two children, along with Raiders executive Amy Trask. I got the feeling things are running a lot smoother for the young coach as he heads into his second season.

2. I asked Detroit head coach Rod Marinelli to play some golf Tuesday morning and he looked at me like I had two heads. I don't think Marinelli allocates much time to anything but football.

3. After dinner Tuesday, I ran into Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel and his wife. After congratulating him on his contract extension, we got down to talking about his football team. He loves the chemistry right now and he believes Shaun Rogers is going to be excited about playing in his defense. Crennel will get the best out of Rogers and if he does, watch out for the Browns. Coach had a big smile on his face the whole time we talked about the 2008 season.

4. I was surprised how many head coaches came up to me and said they listen every Friday to "Moving the Chains," my radio show on Sirius with Tim Ryan, and follow the mock draft Tim and I have been doing on air. Marty Hurney, GM of the Panthers, said he listened all the way into his driveway on the way home, just waiting to see who his team got in the draft.

5. Three prominent agents approached me at the owners meetings reception and voiced their opinion that Bill Parcells will be looking for a pre-draft deal before selecting the player at the top of the draft. He probably has enough talent to choose from that the player who takes the deal could be the choice.

6. Look for the 49ers to take an offensive tackle and an inside linebacker in the first two rounds.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true