View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #81
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220
Default Re: Duke fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Actually Hansbrough burst into tears when he got clocked by Gerald Henderson in Chapel Hill, not Cameron, when ol' Roy still had him in the game trying to run up the score

As for Laettner - 4 Final Fours, two national championships, and the winning shot in the greatest college game ever played - no Tar Heel can match that (Jordan might have been able to, but the only man who was able to hold Jordan under 20 points a game in college was Dean Smith)

As for the sissy crack, I will consider the source (what 1992 game are you even talking about?)
1992 (i think... could have been 91... i was 16 or 17 and memory isnt clear about the year.) Carolina wore whites... because Montross was bloody from having hs cheek under his eye scrated by Laettner in the 1st half. Flattened him about 6 min into the second half. I used to tape all of the games and I'll ask my dad if they still have them at the house...

Oh, I'll never take the accolades away from CL. He was a money player, no doubt. But toughness was not his strong suit. He was a pretty boy.

I'll take this opportunity to add that as much as I dislike Duke, Shane Battier was simply the best college basketball player I have ever seen. Hands down, could do it ALL and better than anyone before or since. Who cares about the pros, he was the best in college.

As for Jordan... I think he was a better pro than college player. Battier was better in college than him.