View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default PSU 2006 Recruiting Class

It's that time of year... Recruiting is well under way and many of the nations top players are making verbal commitments. Penn State has done great in the last couple years with the additions of five star prospects like Dan Connor, Anthony Morelli, Justin King, and Derrick Williams.

They are off to a pretty good start this year with 11 verbal commitments. LeSean McCoy (Harrisburg, PA) is one of the highest recruited players in the nation and is nearing a decision, he has said Penn State is near the top... today they got a verbal commitment from their best recruit to date.

Lions Land Gbadyu

Bani Gbadyu (4 stars)
Gathersburg, MD

Pos: OLB
HT: 6-1
WT: 210
40: 4.52

This is a huge commitment, and somewhat of a suprise. Bani had been deciding between LSU and Goergia before giving a verbal commitment to LSU. He didn't feel right about it and wanted to visit a few more Universities when his trip to Penn State made him have a change in heart. Gbadyu is considered a linebacker, but might play safty at PSU.

Strengths: Aggressiveness, Speed, Tackling Technique

Gbadyu flies around to the ball, plays very well in space, an explosive first step, and loves to have an impact on every play. Gbadyu is a defender with a great motor. He presents the ability to make plays with athleticism or with a physical style.

Biography:

Gbadyu earned first team All-County and All-League honors, as well as Honorable Mention All-State honors after his junior (8-3) season. He registered 78 tackles, 15 sacks, and three fumble recoveries; Bench: 270/Squat: 395/Power Clean: 245/Vert Jump: 39" Gbadyu reports a 2.5 GPA/first-time SAT and ACT in the fall--Gbadyu said he is also taking summer school courses in English 9 and English 10 to bring up his GPA.

Gbadyu: "I've got great speed to get to the ball. And when I get to the ball, I'm out there to take the other players' head off and hurt him because he's there to hurt me. That gets me real angry, so when I take the field and I think that, I just get downright furious. I'm out there to put on the hurt and take people out of the game.

"I want to make some quicker reads and work on my ability to take on blocks. Basically, I want to get my technique better," he said. "I am continually working on my speed, because I can really use that to help me on the field. It is a big part of what I do."

Bani's other schools of interest were Georgia, LSU, and Nebraska.

Last edited by BB2W; 12-15-2005 at 11:12 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote