Default Re: PSU 2006 Recruiting Class

New Jersey QB Brett Brackett commits

Brett Brackett (3 stars)
Lawrenceville. NJ

Pos: QB
HT: 6-6
WT: 232
40: 4.71

This will be a good signing... this kid has got a lot of upside, and with starter Michael Robinson graduating, and Anthony Morelli moving up the depth chart, quarterback is an area of need for Penn State. The Lions started pursuing Brackett harder when Phily standout Pat Devlin committed to Miami University.

Strengths: Intelligence, Poise and Leadership, Size

Brackett is a big pocket quarterback, he has a fresh, live arm. A lot of his best football is still ahead of him. He plays in a run-oriented offense in high school. Very mobile for his size. "He's a 6-foot-6, 232 pound quarterback who sees well, has a strong arm, but also has good legs." -Lawrence coach Rob Radice

Biography:

Brackett passed for more than 3,000 yards and 30 touchdowns as a sophomore and junior at Lawrence. He has a 3.4 GPA and scored 1090 on the SAT. Brackett made an unofficial visit to Penn State earlier this week.

Brackett attends the renowned Parisi Speed School in New Jersey once a week, where he works on his mechanics with former NFL star Phil Simms. He also attended the Elite College Combine in New Jersey earlier this month, where experts rated him as one of the top two passers at the event.

He threw for 1,569 yards and 19 touchdowns and rushed for 322 yards and five scores to lead the Cardinals to an 8-2 record and earn The Times' Player of the Year honors as a senior.

"I'm honored by all of this," said Brackett, who finished second in CVC history with 3,823 passing yards and third with 42 touchdown passes. "It's great to get individual accolades, but I wouldn't have done any of this without my teammates."

Brett's other schools of interest were Boston College, Louisville, and Duke.

Last edited by BB2W; 12-15-2005 at 11:10 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote