View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Question Randel El to the Bears?

From ChicagoSports.com, you need to register to get it, so I'll summarize the story and post it if anyone wants to see the whole thing.

First Antwaan talks about his faith, and how he believes in God, Family, then football, and how religious he is. Then it goes into how he wants to be a sports broadcaster after his playing days, then it talks about his Free Agency

"Just as directly, Randle El answers a question about his upcoming free agency that could make him an attractive and affordable option for the team he grew up loving, the Bears, who will be in the market for a dynamic punt returner and a No. 2 receiver.

"Whatever God is going to bless or send us," Randle El said. "I don't know. Certainly I want to be here [in Pittsburgh], but at the same time you don't know what to expect."

Steelers coach Bill Cowher loves Randle El's toughness and the Rooney family-run organization values the strength of his character, but overall Randle El's season has fallen short of expectations. Pegged to replace Plaxico Burress as the team's deep threat, Randle El has caught 29 passes for 449 yards (15.5-yard average) and only one touchdown. He also has averaged a modest 7.6 yards per punt return.

"I think people would miss his personality and as a kick returner if he left, but many people don't think he has been an adequate replacement for Plaxico," said Savran, a Randle El supporter speaking for fans but not himself.

Randle El, still focused on making the playoffs, considers it premature to speculate on next season. He said he has "thought about" what it might be like to play for the Bears one day but quickly added, "That's not something I'm going to worry about right now."

This week offered enough potential distractions.

Tuesday, Randle El battled Kyle Orton in a promotional computer-game matchup for Xbox, the first time the two have competed against one another since November 2001 when Randle El's Indiana team beat Purdue 13-7 in Orton's first college start.

Wednesday, Randle El will scramble to find extra tickets for family members traveling from Chicago to Heinz Field for the game. He also has Saturday night dinner reservations to firm up with college teammate Adewale Ogunleye at a downtown steakhouse.

But the man with a street named after him in Riverdale will savor every hectic moment preparing to play against a Bears team he was "in awe of" as a three-sport standout at Thornton High School in Harvey.

"The only thing that would be better," Randle El said, smiling, "is if the game was at Soldier Field."

I wouldn't mind that much if El went to the Bears. I mean, of course I'd rather have him here, but The Bears are my NFC team, so if I could pick a team for him to go to, it'd be them. What do you think are the chances of us signing him back next year? Has he lived up to expectations? or is he still getting used to being a starter? He does have the added bonus of being a back-up QB ieeded, and he is a good punt returner f nwhen he gets a chance to get moving. Does he have a future here?