View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
Give It To Abercrombie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8199
Default Re: Is Bob Labriola crazy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Buckeye View Post
No. Drafting a RB with the first pick would be very stupid. The Steelers need to address the O-line!!! We have Willie, Kreider, Davenport, Carey Davis, and Gary Russell. How about a replacement for Faneca, or Willie Colon who allowed 12.5 sacks in 2007? How do you expect our franchise QB to continue to play with no pass protection? I will be very pissed if the Steelers waste their first rounder on a RB when we don't even need one.
We don't even need one? How good was that running game after Willie got hurt? What if his injury had been in week 2, how do you think our ground game would have ranked? I am not suggesting we should take Stewart if several good linemen are there but I certainly wouldn't call it stupid.

So are first round linemen locks? Just because we draft a guy in the first round like Cherilus, does that automatically mean he'll be better than Collins in the second or Barton in the fourth for example?

Personally I hope our first three picks (in any order) are offensive tackle, defensive line (DE or DT) and cornerback.

IMO = In My Opinion
Give It To Abercrombie is offline   Reply With Quote