View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: OK, Draft Guru's, Looking FOr Some Help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I've seen a lot of stuff about Stewart's abilities, but can't seem to find out much about his blocking ability/picking up blitzes and the like. Anybody w/ insider info or a good source. I know he's a pretty complete back, but I'm curious if this is the hole in his game.
Another profile for you revefsreleets

http://www.lindyssports.com/content.php?id=2240

Quote:
JONATHAN STEWART, Oregon*

5-11, 235 40 time: 4.48 1st round

NFL Comparison: Ricky Williams, Dolphins

Inside: Very solid build. Had record-breaking strength numbers at Oregon. Attacks the line of scrimmage and can elude defenders in the hole. Runs with a blend of power and speed but is not elusive.

Outside: Has good run vision and shows patience when needed. Adequate field speed but 40 time isn't great. Might be encouraged to step out of bounds more and is almost too willing to take on punishment. Has breakaway ability if he gets a head of steam.

Breaking Tackles: Rarely goes down on initial contact. Not easy to bring down and was bigger than some linebackers and most defensive backs he faced at Oregon.

Receiving: Talented natural receiver with soft hands and the body control to adjust to throws outside the framework of his body.

Blocking: Stays low and can explode into blocks with good pop. Tough and willing to take on all comers.
Intangibles: Has the frame and desire to be the featured back in an NFL offense, but has limited experience as the full-time starter. Because of his contact-seeking style, he might need a shared role.

In Our View: Scouts don't make too much of Stewart's stopwatch speed. There are plenty of on-film examples of his breakaway ability and he's generally considered field fast. Stewart can return kickoffs and has the size, power and hands to be a complete back.

Grade: 8.3