View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911
Default Re: Defense Wins Championships

Well matty, welcome to my world. I truly believe for us to compete with the brutal schedule we have next year, we must improve the defensive depth. Our defense was #1 last year, but we suffered quite a bit after we lost Clark on the back end, and Smith up front.

The pressure will pretty much always come from the LB's in the 3-4, but we need an upgrade at RDE. Keisel was much more productive when he backed up Kimo. We do need an upgrade in pass-rushing from the D-linemen when we line up with four down linemen in passing situations. I look for a DE and OLB to be brought in through the draft to help bolster the pass rush. The Giants proved you can never have enough bodies to rotate in and out of the front seven.

I know we need help on the O-line, but I too believe the line can play much better with the addition of Hartwig and moving Starks and Colon back to their natural positions. We set records on offense last season with poor O-line play, and the WRs currently on the roster. Big Ben will find a way to make plays and win, give him just a little more consistency from the O-line and another year for everyone in Arians system, this offense can be better as is.

Don't worry matty, it's probably just me and you who feel this way here in the forum. But, I have a feeling you and I will be happy come draft day. I predict defense on the first day. No matter what your absolutely right, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote