View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #15
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,759 Times in 877 Posts
Default Re: What about OL outside of Round 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
First of all, how many sacks did we give up last year? We must have pass blockers as well folks. If we dont protect the 10million dollar man we wont be talking play-offs this year. I think that the Steelers should be jumping for joy if OG Roy Schuening or Chilo Richal is left in the 2nd round, but I dont think either one will be.
First of all....it was a lot of sacks. That's why I hope Scheuning is gone. He is a guy that is tough, strong, but not good in space and doesnt have quick feet. He's a smaller, slower version of Kemoateu and I really dont understand the fascination with him other than the fact he is ranked in the top 5 OG lists by the draftniks.

Scheuning is a liability in pass protection, slow to trap or get to LB's at the second level. NFL.com compares him to Jahari Evans of the Saints.....who the hell is Jahari Evans???? He fits with a zone block team where he can take one step laterally and block the guy in front of him......thats all that zone blocking is.

Albert, Zuttah, Rachal are all better guards and considering we have Simmons, Colon, Kemoateu, Mahan, Hartwig, that all play inside, we dont need a high pick on a guard.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote