View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: So how do you take the pressure off the offensive and defensive lines?

Willie Colon will move to OG which he is better suited for...........I think Hartwig is an upgrade over Mahan....The center class is stronger next year anyway.....The team still needs a true LT in my opinion.....But Smith is fine if healthy....I don't count on Starks being the LT...He was inconsistent as a RT.....I'm not convinced with his few starts at LT last year when Smith was out...He was aided by poor field conditions......But I'm hoping he improves his game and just nails the RT spot down...Then if Smith leaves next year look for a LT........

I disagree that rookie OL can only play right away if only their top 10 picks...Situations led to Marcus McNeil and Tony Ugoh playing right away for their respective clubs.....But they still showed they could play and contribute in their rookie year....The trick is finding the right player....I'm still hoping the Steelers find a gem or two for the OL and DL this year.....Let them sit for a year and groom them....

Anthony Collins, Barry Richardson and Carl Nicks are all quality OL still out there...There is also a couple of small school OL I like.....Kendall Langford or Dre Moore should be considered in the 3rd round also for the DL.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote