Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Kirwans Take on the New Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Like I've said in another post... and another and another...

If we had another FA come in on the line as well.. I would have been perfectly happy with this draft.

If we had a OL drafted first, I would have been very happy with the second.

I am just worried about our line.

Of course... come camp and the beginning of the year.. I will be screaming for these same guys.
Can I ask at 23 what OL was really there that you wanted? All the top OTs were gone by 23 and even Brandon Albert the top OG who maybe can play LT one day was gone....Over-rated OTs like Otah and Cherilus were gone.....Then Sam Baker who was a complete reach was gone....I guess the Steelers seriously could have reached for Duane Brown at 23.....There was no center worth drafting in the first round either....

Then in the 2nd round there really wasn't any OL worth taking.....I thought Duane Brown was going to be there for the Steelers in the 2nd but the Texans reached for him...lol

I still think OT is a serious need but I just feel there really wasn't one worth taking at the Steelers picks....So I'm hoping they take an Anthony Collins in the 3rd or a Barry Richardson in the 4th.....

Its all about value when it comes to the draft and the Steelers netted some serious value with both picks.....I think the Steelers still can find a gem for their OL or DL....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote