Old 04-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Tomlin High on Mendenhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
an O-line without a single good player waiting in the wings. an aging D-line with no future starters or depth. those problems have now been solved by drafting a RB who will not start anytime soon.

hopefully mendenhall plays like a 1st round RB. meaning he should get 1,500+ yards. does he really have anymore potential than russell? all remains to be seen.

i wouldn't be surprised if the steelers select another RB and WR on sunday.
I have asked this question about a dozen times today....So lets make it one more time....What OL or DL at 23 do the Steelers take?

Clady, Williams and Albert were gone......Cherilus and Otah were also gone....even freaking Sam Baker was gone...lol I know lets reach for Duane Brown who is a 2nd round talent at best...lol Only OG worth taking in the first was Albert.....No center was worth drafting in the first....

At DL I wasn't really thrilled with Balmer or Campbell....I don't think they fit the 3-4....which the Steelers still employ as their base defense.....Phillip Merling would have been a solid pick and I really could see Merling at 23...But I'm also not sure if he can play in a 3-4.....

Mendenhall was considered the second best RB in this draft and offered to much value to pass up.....Same goes for Sweed in the 2nd round....At the Steelers pick in the second round the OL and DL left didn't meet the value Sweed had.....

There is still some quality OL and DL left out there.....This is were the Steelers really need to hit big and put the final touches on a potentially great draft....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote